Forum

“All times, I used ...

Notifications
Clear all

“All times, I used to regret not going to school, so I made sure that my children mid grandchildren study well". With reference to Krishtakka’s saying, do you agree that one understands the importance of something that one does not have in one’s lif...

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

“All times, I used to regret not going to school, so I made sure that my children mid grandchildren study well". With reference to Krishtakka’s saying, do you agree that one understands the importance of something that one does not have in one’s life? What does it reflect about he character and values of the speaker?

1 Answer

One understands the importance of something only when it is not present in one’s life.

• Due to society’s restrictions, Krishtakka could not study at the right age.
  • Always missed studying learning.
  • Realized the importance of education, especially when she found herself to be completely dependent on her granddaughter.
  • Granddaughter, despite being a girl, was made literate by her grandmother - Keeping in mind the void she had felt in her life all along.
  • Grandmother - quite radical, liberal, modern in making her children and grandchildren literate when she herself had been the victim of society’s restrictions.
  • Grandmother - determined - in making her granddaughter literate by going against the society norms.

Detailed Answer :

One understands the importance of something only, when it is not present in one’s life. Due to society’s restrictions, Krishtakka could not study at the right age. But she always missed studying and learning. She realized the importance of education, especially when she found herself to be completely dependent on her granddaughter. She felt helpless when she couldn’t read ‘Karmaveera’. She made her granddaughter literate despite her being a girl. She did so keeping in mind the void she had felt in her life all along. We can call the grandmother quite radical, liberal and modern in making her children and grandchildren literate when she herself had been the victim of society’s restrictions.

Share:

How Can We Help?