Forum

Stage a press confe...

Notifications
Clear all

Stage a press conference that takes place shortly after Caesar’s death. The “reporters” should have their questions written down ahead of time to ask the students who play the roles of Brutus, Antony, and Cassius. These questions should focus on the ...

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Stage a press conference that takes place shortly after Caesar’s death. The “reporters” should have their questions written down ahead of time to ask the students who play the roles of Brutus, Antony, and Cassius. These questions should focus on the key events in the play, as well as the characters’ intentions.

1 Answer

Reporter (to Brutus): Caesar was your friend, still you killed him. Do you think you are right in doing this?

Brutus: Yes, I don’t think I have done anything wrong. You can see only my deed but you don’t know the reason behind that. Caesar was overambitious and in Rome’s interest, it was necessary to kill him.

Reporter (To Cassius) Do you have any comments to make on the conspiracy that you instigated? Can you justify your action?

Cassius: Of course, we have our own honourable motives behind the conspiracy. Caesar was getting too ambitious to become a dictator. More over he was not ready „ to free Publius Cimber.

Reporter (to Antony) What do you have to say in this regard? Do you agree with what they say? Antony: I am top shocked to utter even a single word. The mighty Caesar is no more! My grief knows no bounds! To agree or not to agree with them is not a matter of concern. What matters to me more is why they have killed Caesar at all?

Reporter (To Brutus): What is your real motive behind asking Antony to join you? Do you intend to hide your crime?

Brutus: I have not committed any crime. I offer of receive Antony out of love and respect for him as he is a nice person.

Reporter (To Antony) What is your attitude towards the offer that you have from Brutus?

Antony: I am keen to know the reasons behind Caesar’s murder. Before accepting – their offer, I want to take Caesar’s body to the market place and speak at the funeral ceremony. Cassius disagrees but Brutus satisfies him by saying that he need not worry about that and the conference dispersed.

Share:

How Can We Help?