Forum

Julius Caesar and A...

Notifications
Clear all

Julius Caesar and Antony reveal something about their character in their words and actions. We also learn about them from what other people say. Can you pick out the words that describe them from the box given below ? Also, pick out lines from the pl...

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Julius Caesar and Antony reveal something about their character in their words and actions. We also learn about them from what other people say. Can you pick out the words that describe them from the box given below? Also, pick outlines from the play to illustrate your choice.

superstitious, arrogant, loyal, clever

overconfident, manipulative, good orator, ambitious

brave, great conqueror, generous, fearless

loves flattery, firm, shrewd, crafty

Person  -  Extract from play - What it tells us about the character

Julius - 

Caesar  - 1. the things that threaten’d me Ne’er look’d but on my back; when they shall see The face of Caesar, they are vanished  - 1. arrogant

2. ___________________________

3. ___________________________

4. ___________________________

5. ___________________________

6. ___________________________

Mark Antony

1.___________________________

1. Loyal

2. ___________________________ _____________________________ ____________________________

3. ___________________________ _____________________________ ____________________________

4. ___________________________ _____________________________ ____________________________

5.___________________________ ____________________________

1 Answer

What it tells us about the character

overconfident

Extract from play 

…danger knows full well That Caesar is more dangerous than he! We are two lions litter’d in one day…

brave 

Extract from play : Yet Caesar shall go forth; for these predictions Are to the world in general as to Caesar.

great conqueror

Extract from play 

..0 mighty Caesar! dost thou lie so low? Are all thy conquests, glories, triumphs, spoils, Shrunk to this little measure?….

generous

Extract from play

To every Roman citizen he gives, To every several man, seventy-five drachmas.

firm

If I could pray to move, prayers would move me: But I am constant as the northern star, ….

Words for Antony

Loyal

Extract from play

1. Shall it not grieve thee dearer than thy death, To see thy Antony making his peace.

2. Thou art the ruins of the noblest man. That ever lived in the tide of times.

manipulate

Extract from play

When that the poor have cried, Caesar hath wept: Ambition should be made of sterner stuff: Yet Brutus says he was ambitious; And Brutus is an honourable man.

good orator

Extract from play

1. Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears; I come to buy Caesar, not to praise him.

2. Now mark him, he begins again to speak.

3. To stir men’s blond. I only speak right on I tell you that which you yourselves do know,.. Cassius: You know not what you do: do not consent, that Antony speak in his funeral:

Share:

How Can We Help?