Forum

The Convict goes to...

Notifications
Clear all

The Convict goes to Paris, sells the silver candlesticks and starts a business. The business prospers and he starts a reformatory for ex­convicts. He writes a letter to the Bishop telling him of this reformatory and seeks his blessings. As the convic...

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

The Convict goes to Paris, sells the silver candlesticks and starts a business. The business prospers and he starts a reformatory for ex­convicts. He writes a letter to the Bishop telling him of this reformatory and seeks his blessings. As the convict, Jean Valjean, write the letter to Bishop.

1 Answer

J.V. Reformatory Paris

16 March, 20…

Venerable Father

You will be delighted to know that your ‘son’ has at last found his feet. The candlesticks that you gifted me did wonders for me. I sold the candlesticks and opened a workshop. By the grace of God and with your blessings, my business flourished and I earned a lot of money. I am now a happy and respectable person in the society. I have recently opened a reformatory for ex-­convicts. My aim is to enable the ex-convicts to lead a life of dignity and respect. They work and lead a comfortable life. Learned men are invited for weekly discourses on religious and moral matters. Their discourses leave a great impact on them.

I seek your blessings.

Yours sincerely

Jean Valjean

Share:

How Can We Help?