The steps which can be taken to reduce the consumption of coal and petroleum products are:
- Switch of the lights, fans, television and other electrical appliances to save electricity.
- Use energy efficient electrical appliances to save electricity. This can be done by using CFL and Fluorescent tube lights.
- Use stairs to climb at least up to three floors of a building instead of taking a lift to save electricity.
- Pressure cookers should be used for cooking food to save fuels like Kerosene and LPG.
- Solar cookers should be used to cook food whenever possible.