Forum

Are there restricti...

Notifications
Clear all

Are there restrictions on the Right to Freedom justified? Give reasons for your answer. (i) Indian citizens need permission to enter some border areas of the country for reasons of security. (ii) Outsiders are not allowed to buy property in some ar...

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Are there restrictions on the Right to Freedom justified? Give reasons for your answer.

(i) Indian citizens need permission to enter some border areas of the country for reasons of security.

(ii) Outsiders are not allowed to buy property in some areas to protect the interest of the local population.

(iii) The government bans the publication of a book that can go against the ruling party in the next elections.

1 Answer

(i) It is justified: The security of the country is the first duty of a government, and this cause can stop the people from visiting the border areas.

(ii) This action is also justified: The local population may not be financially strong to protect its interests. Outsiders can take away their rights in their own area, so such a step of the government is correct.

(iii) Not justified: The publication of a book can only be banned if it disturbs the peace and hurts the sentiments of a section of people, and not on grounds of protecting the ruling party’s prospects in the next election.

Share:

How Can We Help?