Forum

“As a punishment, Q...

Notifications
Clear all

“As a punishment, Quelch was put on kitchen duties.” Imagine yourself as the author of the story “The Man Who Knew Too Much”. Write a letter to your friend explaining the reason for giving him such punishment.

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

“As a punishment, Quelch was put on kitchen duties.”

Imagine yourself as the author of the story “The Man Who Knew Too Much”. Write a letter to your friend explaining the reason for giving him such punishment.

1 Answer

10 Green House

Mountain Top, MA

3rd March, 20…….

Dear George Hope you’re fine!

Thank you for reading my story. You have protested against the unjust punishment given to Private Quelch. You will agree with me that showing off one’s knowledge to belittle others in public is not a minor offence. It can infuriate anyone. Corporal Turnbull, if you remember, is a severe, hardy person.

How can he ignore anyone’s snub? He acts as per his character traits. If he does not punish the Professor he will be acting against his own nature. So he sends him to kitchen so that he dare not cross his path again. Private Quelch, according to me, deserves punishment, and that is the message of the story: don’t cross the limits of decency even if you’re right.

Hope you’ll agree with me. Or we can agree to disagree.

What do you say?

Yours sincerely

Alexander 

Share:

How Can We Help?