Forum

Should a scientist’...

Notifications
Clear all

Should a scientist’s findings be suppressed if they seem disturbing? Give reasons for and against the topic.

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Should a scientist’s findings be suppressed if they seem disturbing? Give reasons for and against the topic.

1 Answer

FOR

Sometimes a scientific invention or discovery can be too dangerous to reveal. It can create panic throughout the world. For instance, a scientist’s findings in the story, if revealed, could create the worldwide panic. If it was told to the people that a Comet was going to strike the earth, then the people of the whole world would have been disturbed. Then there would have been a total chaos. These people could not have done anything to avoid the disaster. Rather they would have worsened the situation. That is why I earnestly believe that if any scientific finding seem disturbing, it is better to wide their superb these from the general public.

AGAINST

I firmly believe that under no circumstances the truth should be suppressed. Therefore if a scientist’s findings seem to be disturbing even then these must be revealed to the world. This way the people of the world can try to find a solution unitedly. There have been many attempts to suppress or negate some scientific discoveries. Some scientists were punished also. But for the overall progress of humanity it is essential that truth should not be suppressed. The scientific discovery of earth being round was very much opposed initially. But now it is an established fact. Therefore I think under no circumstance a scientist’s findings should be suppressed.

Share:

How Can We Help?