Forum

Patol Babu writes a...

Notifications
Clear all

Patol Babu writes a letter to Nishikanto Ghosh to thank him for being instrumental in his getting a role in a film. He also shares his experience at the film shoot including the excitement and deep satisfaction that he derived from the same. Write th...

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Patol Babu writes a letter to Nishikanto Ghosh to thank him for being instrumental in his getting a role in a film. He also shares his experience at the film shoot including the excitement and deep satisfaction that he derived from the same. Write the letter in about 200 words.

1 Answer

21, ABC Street

Kolkata 

Dear Nishikanto Babu,

It was really kind of you to think about me and the passion I had for acting. In the beginning I was quite taken aback after so many years of my stage acting. Thanks a or for introducing me to your brother-in-law. I met him and he directed me where to go.

I arrived home and gave this happy news to my wife. I was really very excited to act. I met Naresh Dutt and he asked one of his fellow workers to give me the dialogue. I was surprised to see that it was not a proper dialogue but only a word ‘Oh’. I found it rather strange. I thought that I would be a laughing stock in the middle of these people. I was told that there were more than a hundred persons who appeared in this film but they had nothing to say. Even the hero had no lines to speak that day. I was the only one who had.

Then I thought that this ‘Oh’ could be given a different inflection each time it was uttered. The same exclamation when spoken in different ways carried different shades of meaning. A small grey moustache was also put on my face. I gave the idea that if I had a newspaper in my hand then it would be more effective. I gave my shot and it was perfect. For me money didn’t matter but my desire to act in a film was fulfilled. This was all possible because of you. You were instrumental in getting this role for me. Thanks for that.

Your friend,

Patol Babu

Share:

How Can We Help?