Forum

Discuss the followi...

Notifications
Clear all

Discuss the following points. (i) Is the boy intelligent? If so, what is the evidence of it?

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Discuss the following points.

(i) Is the boy intelligent? If so, what is the evidence of it?

(ii) Does his outlook on the jalebis episode change after Class VIII? Does he see that episode in a new light?

(iii) Why are coins made to ‘talk’ in this story? What purpose does it serve?

1 Answer

(i) Of course, the boy is quite intelligent. He is a brilliant student and was never beaten by his teachers. He gets a scholarship also. He gives suitable arguments to resist the temptation of eating jalebis. The way he prays and tries to convey his message to God also shows that he is an intelligent boy.

(ii) Yes, after Class VIII the boy gets mature. And his outlook on the jalebis episode changes considerably. He thinks that if Allah Miyan were to provide all for asking then man would not learn any skill. Then the man would have been living in nests like vultures and crows.

(iii) In the story the coins are made to ‘talk’. It serves the purpose of alluring and provoking the child to spend them and eat jalebis. If the child would not have eaten jalebis after spending fees money, the story would not have been so interesting and inspiring.

Share:

How Can We Help?